Former Director of Strategy and Planning and finally Director of Gas, Electricity and Coal.- Professor
Pierre-René Bauquis graduated from the ENSG (Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Géologie) in 1964 and from the ENSPM (Ecole Nationale Supérieure du Pétrole et des Moteurs) in 1966 in the Economics and Management section. After five years spent at the IFP (Institut Francais du Pétrole) as an energy economist and professor, he worked for 30 years in the TOTAL group. After twenty years of responsibilities in the natural gas sector, Pierre-René Bauquis was successively appointed Director for the North Sea, Director of Strategy and Planning and finally Director of Gas, Electricity and Coal. He spent the last years of his career (from 1995 to the end of 2001) as advisor to the TOTAL group's President, Thierry Desmarest. He is currently Adjunct Professor at the ENSPM (IFP School) and Professor at TPA (TOTAL Professeurs Associés).
- Professor at TPA (TOTAL Professeurs Associés).
- Adjunct Professor at the ENSPM (IFP School)
- Speaker and author of numerous books.
Il est actuellement:
Graduated from ENSG (National School of Geology and Mining) and from ENSPM/IFP (French Petroleum Institute).
Worked 1967-1972- with IFP in Economics Department and as Professor of Oil and Gas Economics at IFP School.
Worked 30 years with TOTAL since 1972 until he retired at the end of 2001 and spent most of his career in upstream oil, gas and strategy related activities:
- GASCO in Abu Dhabi (1973-1978).
- Head of TOTAL Indonesia, Gas Division (1980-1986).
- Head of the North Sea Division (1989-1992).
- Head of Corporate Strategy and Planning (1992-1994)
- Head of Gas, Coal and Electricity (1994-1995).
- Member of TOTAL "Comité Directeur" (1992-1995)
- Special Advisor to the Chairman (1995 to December 2001)
- Vice President Institut Français de l’Energie (1999-2002).
- President of AFTP (Association Française des Techniciens du Pétrole (Jan.1999-Dec.2000).
- Since January 2002 : Retired from TOTAL.
Adjunct Professor IFP School
Professor TPA (TOTAL Professeurs Associés)
Lectures and seminars for various institutes and faculties in France and abroad: Algeria, China, Indonesia, Russia and others.
CLEF (Climate and Energy Fund) since 2005
OSEAD (Private Equity Venture) since 2007
Scientific committee of the Visiatome (CEA Marcoule)
Scientific committee of OPECST (French Parliamentary committee)
Over 50 papers on oil, gas and energy economics.
3 books on oil, energy and gas economics.
1 book on nuclear energy (co-author).
1 book on applied geosciences (co-author).
1 book on waves and the Earth (co-author).
1 book on electricity (co-author).
Officier de l'Ordre du Merite
Officier des Palmes Academiques